TE Sportswear is committed to protecting our customer's privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information. This policy is effective from 21 May 2018 and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation of May 2018.
This Policy sets out the following:
- Who is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Data?
- How do we collect personal data from you?
- What type of data do we collect from you?
- What do we do with the information we gather?
- What about security of my personal data and how's it stored?
- How long will my personal details be stored?
- Who has access to my personal data?
- What are my data protection rights?
Who is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Data
TE Sportswear Ltd is the Data Controller. TE Sportswear Ltd have a registered office at 33 Cambridge Road, Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex CM24 8BX, and its company number 12656338. They are responsible for how your personal data is collected, stored and processed.
How do we collect personal data from you?
We receive information about you, from you using our website, if you contact us by phone, email, live-chat or otherwise in respect of any of our products and services or during the purchasing of any such product.
Your personal data may be automatically collected when you use our services, including but not limited to, your IP address, device-specific information, server logs, device event information, location information and unique application numbers.
If you provide us with personal data about a third party (for example when buying kits for a team or your company on their behalf), you warrant that you have obtained the express consent from the third party for the disclosure and use of their personal data.
What type of data do we collect from you?
The personal data that we may collect from you includes your name, email address, phone numbers, and billing/delivery addresses. This allows us to process your orders in good faith and on-time. We may also keep details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to traffic data, IP addresses, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We also retain records of your queries and correspondence, in the event you contact us.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To process orders that you have submitted to us;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you;
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query;
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services;
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
What about security of my personal data and how's it stored?
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
Your personal data is stored securely on our dedicated web server using up to date security measures, processes and best practice.
For website payments, your personal data is transmitted over SSL to the Stripe API website where card details are taken and processed. TE Sportswear Ltd website does not process or hold any card details of the user. For payments taken over the phone, your payment details are securely taken by a member of staff and entered into our payment terminal and then shredded.
How long will my personal details be stored?
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Who has access to my personal data?
Members of TE Sportswear staff will process your data for administration and fulfilling orders. Your address will also be shared with the appropriate courier companies used to deliver your order(s) and/or samples and letters. The factory who manufacture your products will have an order form that will only contain your name and the submitted logos to be printed or embroidered onto your product with no other identifiable information. Unless there is a need to ship your order direct from a factory therefore your details will be shared with employees of this factory and their courier for the purpose of shipping labels only. Your details will not be stored by the factory.
We would never share your personal data with third party companies for marketing purposes. But may share the following for legal purposes:
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction.
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you.
What are my data protection rights?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information - about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access - to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction - of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure - of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing - of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing - of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer - of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent - In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Complaint. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) if you have a complaint with how you believe your personal data has been handled. For more information, please visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns.